Skip to main content

Visits

Digital vs Paper - A dilemma

There is a peculiar thing about writing on a digital medium, you can easily erase your mistakes and move on as if there is NO strike-through at all and every lines seems so effortlessly been printed on screen. A privilege which is not available to you when you write on a blank sheet of paper.

However, If I look at it again, I feel, it is not much of a privilege either. It feels like a sort of out-of-sight disadvantage.

Photo by Steven Houston on Unsplash


Digital medium can make your little piece of writings a great piece of art with better presentation and all those delicate changes like grammar corrections, spacing and moving text block for better place are so easy. 

With digital medium, I could constantly search for better words, grasping pictures to add and all other enormous options to decorate my writings. But, there is also chances to distract myself away from the fundamental writing and shifting more towards only it's presentation

However, when I write on a B-5 sized white sheet of paper in my notebook, there is no such distractions.
I'm in command of what I am writing with pen in my hand moving around. I'm more focused on my writing and ideas than to worry about other things. It kind of prioritises the work. 

On paper, I also have NO urge to rectify my mistake. They just seems to exist there as a reminder of my mistakes. When it comes to writing, there isn't truly anything like mistake. They are just misplaced texts OR some unfinished sentences. They can always ignite further ideas which you could connect later. This is the beautiful privilege which seems to be missing in digital medium.

What do you say?
.
.
.
I'd love to hear from you💖

Comments