Skip to main content

Visits

Inspire someone!



That day....
I went to hostel canteen..
.
to get smaller denomination of ₹500 for the travel I had next day back to home after last semester exams were done...
.
A man with his son was unloading packs from TVS at our hostel canteen premises. .
I just gave a hand for them which they rejected smilingly...
.
Then, on tête a tête with them...
.
Boy wanted to join such reputed college...

"Study well, it's your best investment..."
.
But his father added...
.
" Yeah, but even education has become business. For quality, you need to spend more..."
.
Seeing puzzled face of me...
.
He continued..
.
.
"You know the haunting competition out there...
.
How could we afford him good pu college ?..
.
As of now...
.
he's studying in govt college, .
not that Navodaya like..
.
we can't get coaching for him... "
.
"So..? " I added...
.
He sent his son to collect something from the canteen..
.
and
.
gazing at me, he said,
.
"How could you expect .... ?
.
With slight grudge...
.
added..
.
.
"Don't go on giving me the examples like Abdul Kalaam...."
.
..
...
....
.....
After few moments..
.
.
He called the boy..
and
. .
told him to listen to me... .
.
.

I spoke to him nearly for 20 min..
.
Nothing philosophical, .
but completely doable for him...
.
till sun turned Red...
.
.
I could feel those humble eyes of him...
.
had glitter...
.
His father had something in light confidence..
.
They left...
.
.

What actually won my argument was,

I just said,
.
.
. "See Me ... "
.
And it was a moment of satisfaction....
.
.
.
Also,
Later that day, I spoke it to my home...
.
.
.
It made my day...
.
"Sometimes timely advice is all they need..."
.
.
Motivational videos of real people may not persist longer for people like us,
.
for that matter,
.
we would be busy in other umpteen things very next minute...
.
.
But the boy like him,
.
know no much world than his home..
.
.
Trust me, .
I've seen such people from real close..
.
.
Small thing matters...
.
.
But the thing is,
He isn't left with much choices like I did..
At the end of the day, one has to choose one and can't go with all the choices one gets.
Fortunately, it was a good.
.
.

And
.
I'm still waiting...
.
that .
I could meet him again..
in our hostel premises..
.
one day...

Comments