Skip to main content

Visits

My Writing Debut

I cannot exactly say when I truly started to write on my own but I could remember a remarkable milestone during my initial high school days.


I just remember that once we have given to write a review on a movie called something unstoppable in media room which I had already seen at my home. Next day we were asked to write a review about it and our english lecturer announced that best of us will be on our school blog.   

Only thing I knew about the blog then was its online reading stuff and anyone around the world could read it. I was really excited and done my assignment with utmost satisfaction. But the result announced few days later was not affirmative for me. I was thinking how better would the winner has written than me and went it through the highschool staff. My English lecturer was caring and she said about the verdict.


I was satisfied with her answer as my assignment was appealing regarding with figures, places, and quotes and could make it an informative stuff but it is not regarded as review. The sole purpose of making us to watch movie was to work on our English skills. It is the narration and coherence in opinion building that matters here not the informative bunch of paragraphs. It was quite hovering around my thoughts all day.


On same month, once I entered the class late and my friend Prahlad just finished his reading about his own work. Our lecturer praised him about his grip over language. When I had a qualitative analysis I found my English was worse than worst at a moment. Back at home I searched about my previous compositions and found it was not up to the mark. I just typed in my pc and entered proof reading. Colored underlines were all over my desktop.


Actually content wise it was very unique as far as I knew. Because, it was onspot  15 minutes assignment on which is your favorite season and why for which I and my friend Ranna wrote countryside rainy season while many were about summer and fun. There were non-english words also which I was not aware of. Though I was quite good in my mother tongue language I knew I could not survive English communication test and thus quite an obscure but conscious approach went onwards.

Photo by Eugene Chystiakov on Unsplash


It was very much exciting for me to get something out from me which I was never prepared before. Feeling that I created something new by myself is what I enjoyed the most.

Sometimes I feel what is left there to write? 

How many people could have written about our sun and stars and earth and moon from time immemorial? If you have also encountered such thoughts, sooner or later you would realize that everybody is unique and that’s what makes it beautiful. I don’t think successful writers are those who discovered new metaphors and similes. I believe it is the one who is capable of peeping into readers mind through his literature flow and arouse their old feelings or create new feelings in them. If my words made you to think about your days for a while, my purpose fulfilled.

With love,

Saathvik

Comments